Detroit studio Soul As Is Music recently posted some great rare footage of Slum Village soundchecking before a gig. Noises made on the internet suggest that it was shot in and around the Key Club in LA during the 2000 GoodVibe Tour that featured support from Bahamadia and the Cali Agents. The video includes Dilla chatting with Amp Fiddler, setting up and testing the sound system with some beam-rattling heavyweight beats at the venue, and Slum cruising in the truck to go shop for cables. It makes me wonder if there is any more quality footage like this floating around, fingers crossed new stuff will surface soon. You can find more videos from Soul As Is Music over on their Youtube Channel and details of the studio can be found on their website.
- Just loved "RA.547 RVDS" by @residentadvisor on @mixcloud mixcloud.com/residentadviso… 7 months ago
- Just favorited "RA.554 Craig Richards" by @residentadvisor on Mixcloud mixcloud.com/residentadviso… 7 months ago
- Just loved "SWEATSON KLANK & MR GOLDMAN - YACHTY BY NATURE MIX" by @SWEATSONKLANK on @mixcloud mixcloud.com/sweatsonklank/… 11 months ago
- Just loved "RA.521 The Range" by Resident Advisor on @mixcloud mixcloud.com/residentadviso… 1 year ago
- Just loved "FACT mix 561 - M. Geddes Gengras (Jul '16)" by FACT on @mixcloud mixcloud.com/FACTMixArchive… 1 year ago
Legal EagleIf you own content and would like it removed from High-Rise, please comment on the item in question and it will be dealt with as soon as possible.